To work together to improve the care system and the outcomes of young people who spend time in care.
The Alliance aims to provide a strong, unified voice to influence law, policy and practice at local, regional and national level on issues relating to children in care and care leavers.
Alliance members share and sign up to the following values:
- The needs of the child must come first and be at the centre of practice, law and policy
- The workforce should be supported and developed to be child-centred
- The views and opinions of children must be taken into account when any decision is being made about their lives.
- Children’s diversity and individuality must be recognised and valued
- The relationships that matter to the child must be recognised and valued
- All decisions made about a child must be explained to them in a manner appropriate to their level of understanding.
- Children’s individual and collective involvement in decisions must be facilitated and supported
- Children’s rights must be recognised and upheld
- The child has priority over organisational considerations