Top 15 issues for children in care
When young people talk to us, these are the things they’ve been saying…
These are the top 15 reasons why children and young people are calling the Voice helpline:*
- "I want to move" or "I don't want to move"
- "I want to continue my education, training or employment"
- "I need more money or support with my finances, benefits or debt"
- "I would like some support at my meeting"
- "I need somewhere to live"
- "I want more (or less) contact with family"
- "I want to complain"
- "I have a problem with my Social Worker or Personal Advisor"
- "I would like support through the Child Protection process"
- "There are problems with my Pathway Planning"
- "I want more (or less) contact with my Social Worker or Personal Advisor"
- "I am homeless and Social Services won't accommodate me"
- "I don't feel safe" (e.g. gangs, safeguarding issues, bullying, trafficking & sexual exploitation)
- "I have got problems with my Immigration status"
- "I would like some legal advice"
If you need help with any of the issues above (or it could be because of a very different reason) please contact our helpline here.
* As at April 2013